Strawberry Chia Jam Pop Tarts
Keto pastry dough:
- 2 1/4 cup Gluten-free oat flour (Keto option use cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Dairy-free milk
- 5 oz melted Dairy-free butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- Healthy Crunch Strawberry Chia Jam
- "Powdered sugar" (2 tbsp monk fruit + 2 tsp tapioca starch blended to fluffy powder)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Dairy-free milk, as needed
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 176°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry pastry dough ingredients together.
- Add in milk, melted vegan butter and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine with a spoon at first then knead the dough with your hands until you are able to shape a ball.
- Wrap the pastry dough ball into a piece of parchment paper or cling film wrap.
- Freeze dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and divide the dough ball in half. Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper into 1/4 inch thick rectangles that are about 1.5 x 2 inches in size. You will get approximately 16 small rectangles in total.
- Transfer rectangles of dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving 1 thumb space between each rectangle so the jam won’t run out.
- Spread the Healthy Crunch Strawberry Chia Jam in the center of each rectangle of dough leaving 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Lay the other rectangles over the filling and seal press the edges together to seal.
- Brush the top of each pop tarts with dairy-free milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the center rack of your oven or until the crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make your frosting by mixing ingredients together well in a small bowl.
- Cool down the pop tarts on a rack for 2 hours. Top with frosting once cool. Happy Crunching!