Strawberry Chia Jam Pop Tarts
Do you want to enjoy jam again without worrying about all that added sugar in traditional jam? These Strawberry Keto Pops Tarts are the perfect treat, that you can feel good about eating. These Strawberry Keto Pop Tarts are gluten-free, vegan, and simply so good! The crust is buttery and flaky, while the strawberry filling made with our Healthy Crunch Strawberry Keto Chia Jam is super fresh. Happy Crunching!
Keto pastry dough:
- 2 1/4 cup Gluten-free oat flour (Keto option use cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Dairy-free milk
- 5 oz melted Dairy-free butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- "Powdered sugar" (2 tbsp monk fruit + 2 tsp tapioca starch blended to fluffy powder)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Dairy-free milk, as needed
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 176°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry pastry dough ingredients together.
- Add in dairy-free milk, melted vegan butter and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine with a spoon at first then knead the dough with your hands until you are able to shape a ball.
- Wrap the pastry dough ball into a piece of parchment paper or cling film wrap.
- Freeze dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and divide the dough ball in half. Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper into 1/4 inch thick rectangles that are about 1.5 x 2 inches in size. You will get approximately 16 small rectangles in total.
- Transfer rectangles of dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving 1 thumb space between each rectangle so the jam won’t run out.
- Spread the Healthy Crunch Strawberry Chia Jam in the center of each rectangle of dough leaving 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Lay the other rectangles over the filling and seal press the edges together to seal.
- Brush the top of each pop tarts with dairy-free milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the center rack of your oven or until the crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make your frosting by mixing ingredients together well in a small bowl.
- Cool down the pop tarts on a rack for 2 hours. Top with frosting once cool. Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying thisrecipe.