Chocolate Cherry Sundae Trail Mix Cookies
When you're looking for healthy snacks for you and the family trail mix is one of the top go-to snacks for those looking for lower sugar options. We look trail mix because of all the fun and creative combinations of ingredients you can put together to make a delicious snack all in one bite. This recipe includes one of our favourite trail mixes, Chocolate Cherry Sundae Trail Mix made into a cookie for those who love trail mix but also want to enjoy a little extra sweet treat in the form of a cookie. This recipe is super easy, plus it's allows you to swap any trail mix you prefer. We choose Chocolate Cherry Sundae Trail Mix because we love the combination of dried cherries, banana, and vegan chocolate chips. Plus our Healthy Crunch Trail Mixes and this recipe are allergen-friendly, tree nut-free, and peanut-free, as our trail mix uses sunflower seeds as the base. We hope you enjoy our Trail Mix Cookies. Happy Crunching!
1 1/4 cups Oat flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Sea salt
1/3 cup Coconut sugar
1/4 cup Aquafaba (chickpea brine, juice from can of chickpeas which acts a binder)
3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oat flour, Healthy Crunch Chocolate Cherry Sundae Trail Mix, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat aquafaba (using a handheld mixer or whisking vigorously) until light and fluffy and loose peaks have formed.
- To the aquafaba, add the melted coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup and beat or whisk to combine. Then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Loosely cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop out 3 tablespoon amounts of dough and form into balls, then slightly press them down into discs. Top with more trail mix if desired.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet with about a 1-inch gap in between each cookie. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the tops appear slightly puffy and cracked.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy. Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.