Chocolate Sticky Buns:
Cinnamon buns are a classic favourite treat with the sweet smell of cinnamon and sugar, but we created an even more delicious soft and comforting treat of Chocolate Sticky Buns! A modern twist of classic cinnamon rolls but made with our Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter making it lower in sugar, allergen-friendly, nut-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. This recipe is great for anyone who loves to bake and try new recipes with love to chocolate deliciousness in every bite! Happy Crunching!
To make the Sticky Buns:
- 1 1/4 Cups Non-GMO tapioca flour
- 1/2 Cup gluten-free oat four
- 6 Tbsp White rice flour
- 2 tsp Xantham gum
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla dairy-free milk
- 3 Tbsp dairy-free vegan butter
- 1/4 Cup dairy-free plain yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Once heated, turn it off.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tapioca flour, oat flour, rice flour, xantham gum, salt and yeast.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, heat the water, maple syrup, dairy-free milk and dairy-free butter until it reaches 110F. Add the mixture into the bowl with the flour, along with the yogurt and applesauce. Stir until the yogurt is well mixed and the dough is soft, and pretty sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes, until it just comes together. You'll need to keep adding flour to the surface, a little at a time, so the dough doesn't stick. Spray the bowl that it was in with cooking spray and place it back inside to let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it on a lightly floured surface to a 14x8 inch rectangle. Spread the Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter all over it.
- Tightly roll the dough up and cut into about 12 buns.
- Spray a 9 inch circular baking dish with cooking spray and place the rolls inside. Cover lightly with tinfoil and let the buns rise in the heated oven for 90 minutes.
- Once risen, remove the buns from the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for 20-22 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Then, lightly cover with tinfoil to prevent too much browning, and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Once the buns are done baking, pour Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter over the buns and serve immediately! Happy Crunching!