Golden Turmeric Lentil Soup
Do you love comforting soups in the fall when the weather gets colder and the these get darker? Well, this soup is ready to warm you up and make you feel good inside and out. This recipe for Golden Turmeric Lentil Soup is full of vegetables, vibrant greens, and warming spices including ginger, turmeric, garlic, and cumin. We have also added our Healthy Crunch Golden Turmeric Instant Latte to add turmeric colour and spice, plus coconut milk powder to make this soup rich and creamy. A perfect quick and easy dish the whole family can enjoy. Happy Crunching!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Healthy Crunch Turmeric Latte mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups dry red lentils
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, grated ginger, cumin, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and Healthy Crunch Golden Turmeric Latte mix and stir to combine.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, then add the vegetable broth, water, tomatoes, and red lentils. Stir and bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the red lentils are soft. Taste, and add more salt to your tastes if desired.
- If desired, puree half the soup to help make it creamier.
- Stir in your greens and let them wilt, and then add in lemon juice and zest to serve. Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.