Chocolate Raspberry Chia Jam Sandwich (Gluten-free, Vegan)
Who says sandwiches are just for lunch or snack, how about dessert? We have created a delicious chocolate and raspberry chia jam dessert recipe that's so delicious that everyone will love. Made with our Healthy Crunch Raspberry Chia Jam, we made homemade gluten-free biscuits, plus a layer of our Healthy Crunch Raspberry Chia Jam, then a layer of homemade VEGAN marshmallow topped with another biscuit that's covered in dairy-free chocolate. This recipe is fun for the whole family to enjoy, plus it's super delicious! Happy Crunching!
1 2/3 cups Gluten-free all purpose flour
1/2 cup Coconut oil (melted)
5 tbsp Pure maple syrup
½ Cup Aquafaba (Fluid from a can of chickpeas)
½ Tsp Xanthan Gum
¼ Tsp Agar Powder
¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
½ Cup powdered monk sugar or erythritol
Healthy Crunch Raspberry Chia Jam
Dairy-free dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Bring together with your hands until a dough forms. Add more flour if too wet or coconut oil if too dry. You want it to be a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick, then using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place onto the lined tray.
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes until golden in color. Once baked, carefully place them onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool fully.
- To make the marshmallow layer: In a stand mixer, combine the aquafaba (fluid from a can of chickpeas), xanthan gum, agar powder, and cream of tartar. Beat at increasingly high speed for 2 minutes until it starts to look like "whipped egg whites". Turn the mixer off, add the vanilla and powdered erythritol. Turn the mixer back on and beat at increasingly high speed for about 5 minutes until you have a white, glossy, fluffy, "stiff peak" fluff.
- Assemble the sandwich, spread Healthy Crunch Chia Jam over half of the biscuits. With the remaining biscuits, spread marshmallow fluff on top. Place a biscuit on the top layer making a sandwich.
- Sandwich a jam cookie and marshmallow cookie together and set aside. Melt some dairy-free dark chocolate in the microwave as per the instruction on the package. Once chocolate is melted, dunk the biscuit sandwich into the melted chocolate to coat. Place onto a baking tray/parchment paper and pop into the fridge to set and cool for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and enjoy! Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag@healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.