Chocolate Banana Baked Oat Cake
(Gluten-free, Nut-free, Dairy-free, Lower in Sugar, Allergen-friendly)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 + 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1 + 1/4 cup plant-based milk (oat milk)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Healthy Crunch Chocolate Banana Seed Butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
1 banana, sliced
¼ cup Healthy Crunch Vegan Chocolate Chips
Additional topping of Healthy Crunch Chocolate Banana Seed Butter for serving
- Prepare the flax eggs by combining ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Mix together, then set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 8×8-inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a large bowl until nearly smooth. Add flax eggs, plant-based milk, cocoa powder, Healthy Crunch Chocolate Banana Seed Butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together. Add rolled oats and baking powder. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish. Add sliced banana, Healthy Crunch Vegan Chocolate Chips, or any toppings of your choosing. Bake for 40 minutes. After, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Add toppings, such as more Healthy Crunch Seed Butterand a drizzle of maple syrup.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.