7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
9 tbsp unsalted vegan butter, cubed (or coconut oil)
2 "Flax Eggs" (2 Tbsp flax meal + 6 Tbsp water) "Flax Eggs" are created by mixing ground flax seeds and water together"
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup + 1 tbsp All purpose gluten-free flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
½ cup Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 ºF/180 ºC and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the "flax eggs" and sugar together in a bowl. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture, and mix briefly until the chocolate has been evenly incorporated.
- Sift together gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and add it to the bowl. Mix until all flour has been incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the cookie batter onto the lined baking sheet, keeping at least 1 inch between them.
- Spread each scoop out slightly with a spoon, and place 1/2 tbsp of Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter in the center.
- Cover the Seed Butter with another tbsp of cookie batter, spreading the batter so that the Seed Butter is fully covered.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly crackly on top. Let cool so that it’s not too soft and runny. Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.